Railing Reconstruction Information
The Echo Bridge Railings Need Our Support
Contact the Echo Bridge Railing Committee
- Reconstruct the historic railings with an in-kind replication of the 1876 design
- Eliminate the temporary chain link fence to restore the integrity of the bridge design
- Meet the $1.44M cost via a public/private fundraising partnership
Here’s the strategy:
- We are collecting private Pledges to demonstrate a groundswell of local support to
Newton & Needham Community Preservation Committees, grant-makers, elected
officials and the MWRA.
- We will not request payment on your Pledge until matching monies are committed.
- Even a SMALL pledge can add up to large influence!
Please pledge today
Linking Newton and Needham since 1876
January 19 The Needham Channel segment on the Railing project
January 12 Needham Newspaper Story: Echo Bridge railing project gaining steamhttp://www.hometownweekly.net/needham/echo-bridge-railing-project-gaining-steam/
Public Flyer summarizing the reconstruction project
MWRA Community Preservation Funding Proposal (Nov 2016)
Historic Cast Iron and Steel Railings Study (2007)