Linking Newton and Needham since 1876
January 19 The Needham Channel segment on the Railing project
January 12 Needham Newspaper Story: Echo Bridge railing project gaining steamhttp://www.hometownweekly.net/needham/echo-bridge-railing-project-gaining-steam/
Public Flyer summarizing the reconstruction project
MWRA Community Preservation Funding Proposal (Nov 2016)
Historic Cast Iron and Steel Railings Study (2007)
Contact the Echo Bridge Railing Committee
- Reconstruct the historic railings with an in-kind replication of the 1876 design
- Eliminate the temporary chain link fence to restore the integrity of the bridge design
- Meet the $1.44M cost via a public/private fundraising partnership
Here’s the strategy:
- We are collecting private Pledges to demonstrate a groundswell of local support to
Newton & Needham Community Preservation Committees, grant-makers, elected
officials and the MWRA.
- We will not request payment on your Pledge until matching monies are committed.
- Even a SMALL pledge can add up to large influence!
Please pledge today
Railing Reconstruction Information
The Echo Bridge Railings Need Our Support